Margie
Indianapolis

Margie from Indianapolis asked

Attractions for kids in Denver?

I will be going to denver in a couple of weeks and am looking for things to do with my 11 year grandaughter. What are fun things to do?

Denver

Patrick from Denver

Definitely agree with the recommendations for the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, it's a wonderful museum — fantastic exhibits drawn from Colorado archeology, paleontology and mining (beautifully preserved crystal cavern, minerals, etc.). There's also an IMAX theater there. 

If the weather's nice, walk over to City Park Pavilion. There are geese and ducks on the pond, some nice benches to take a break. 

Don't miss Liks Ice Cream, which is a great little neighborhood ice cream shop with sundaes, milkshakes, cones and lots of amazing flavors. 

Also, maybe not the hippest thing in the world, but a great Denver tradition: high tea at The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa in Denver. It may only be on weekend afternoons. I'd recommend calling them ahead of time for specifics; I've only happened through the lobby while it was going on (and never actually attended). However, it was bustling and elegant — Denver's answer to The Plaza in NYC. 

Jody from Aurora, Colorado

Denver has an amazing Childrens museum.