Jim

Denver

A good night-on-the-town experience for seeing a show @ Buell Theater?

We recently moved to Denver and my wife and I are going to the Buell Theater to see an 8pm mid week show. I'd like some insight on:

1. Parking (best spot to get in and out quickly)
  2. What are some nearby restaurants for quality appetizers and cocktails pre show (specific food recommendations appreciated)?

Is there anything else I should know to have a great time?

Thanks in advance!

Mark from Lone Tree

Jim, Elizabeth is thinking of a different theater. The Buell is downtown. From northbound Spear turn right on Arapahoe and the garage entrance is  on your right. You'll come up the elevator and be right in the center of the theater complex. Also D Bar Desserts is in Uptown which is not near the theater.

If you're willing to walk 2 1/2 blocks you'll have more options for appetizers. I would check out  Rioja, TAG Raw Bar (small space but interesting food), or Ocean Prime (elegant and cool bar atmosphere).  If you want to stay close, Restaurant Kevin Tayloris elegant (and expensive). I've heard the food is good at Oceanaire Seafood Room but have not been there yet. You could also check out Prima Ristorante. It's also run by Kevin Taylor (good food) but less stuffy.

Good luck!

1. D Bar Desserts (restaurant)
  2. Rioja (restaurant)
  3. TAG Raw Bar (restaurant)
  4. Ocean Prime (attraction)
  5. Restaurant Kevin Taylor (restaurant)
  6. Oceanaire Seafood Room (restaurant)
  7. Prima Ristorante (restaurant)

Arianne

I would HIGHLY recommend going to D Bar Desserts for dessert it is not far from there....http://www.dbardenver.com/

1. D Bar Desserts (restaurant)

Elizabeth from Denver

The area your going to be on is called capital hill, and  oh goodness parking is horrible. You have to pay almost everywhere to park. Also their are some amazing restaurants like City O' City and Benny Blancos. Try this website for restaurants http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/17/1607/Denver/Capitol-Hill-restaurants

GOOD LUCK :D 

1. City O' City (restaurant)