Linnhe

Denmark, Copenhagen, Esbjerg

driving in denmark

Hello! I am driving from Copenhagen to Esbjerg on Wed 18th July - please is there anything I need to know about Danish roads ? :) thanks!

Jon from Tromso

Three things comes to mind: 

Cyclists are plentyful and will win if there’s any trouble in the courts. Both previous answers mentioned that.  

2. You’ll have to pass the Øresund Bridge and will have to pay to pass. Like Claus said.  

3 The motorways has speed limit 130 km/h if not otherwise stated by signs. The danish usually keep under that speed limit.

1. Øresund Bridge (attraction)

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi Linnhe - in the cities be special aware about cyclists.

The law is that you always look after the "softer" ones in the traffic e.g. cars look after pedestrians and cyclists, cyclists look after pedestrians etc.

Else I found this bit online by searching google for driving in Denmark:
Denmark has very similar rules to the rest of the EU countries. Cars travel in right hand lane and may only pass in the left. Drivers must be extremely conscious of cyclists while driving in Denmark. Denmark has countless bike paths, bike lanes and cyclists at all times of the year and cyclists have the right of way.

Hope you have a good and safe trip.

You will need to pay for the bridge crossing between the islands of Region Zealand and Funen. The machines there take credit card. Otherwise, it should be pretty straight forward I would say.

1. Region Zealand (attraction)
  2. Funen (attraction)