Drew
Kingston, New York

Drew from Kingston, New York asked

Train between Copenhagen and Aarhus?

I am attending a conference in Aarhus next month and am flying into Copenhagen. It appears the train from Copenhagen to Aarhus is the best option. I have a few questions:

*I see that I can buy a ticket online at rail-europe, but I have to select a specific time. Is this the only way to get a train ticket from Copenhagen to Aarhus? I am concerned if my flight gets delayed, I wouldn't make my reservation.

*If I do have to buy a ticket online ahead of time, how much time should I give myself to get from CPH through customs and to Central Station. My flight arrives at 1230 on a Monday. Would a 16:00 departing train be a safe bet?

Thanks for all of the help. 

Denmark   Copenhagen   Aarhus

You do not need to buy a ticket in advance for a train in Denmark.

You have ticket counters at the arrival hall at Copenhagen Airport and from there you only have to take one escalator down to where the trains depart.

Coming in with an overseas flight that might be both early and delayed, I would recommend that you buy the ticket upon arrival, so that you do not have to sit and watch departing trains for Aarhus leave, cause you have a reservation for a later train, just like it would suck to miss your reservation. And don't worry. Trains in Denmark are never sold out and should they be full, then just buy a 1st class ticket and you will be fine.

I have commuted between Copenhagen Airport and the danish countryside for years and never seen a sold out train yet.

1. Denmark (attraction)
  2. Copenhagen Airport (attraction)
  3. Aarhus (city)