Kristel

Denmark

10 days in Denmark: what to do and budget?

I'm thinking about a 10day solotrip to Denmark this summer. I'm interested in pretty much everything except sports. My budget is low. I typically stay in youth hostels and buy a lot of fod in supermarkets.

- Which cities should I visit in 10 days? Is there place for a sidetrip to another country? If yes, where to?

- What is an efficient but not very expencive way to travel the country?

- Is there a  possibility to couchsurf?

- Is there a cheaper airport considering the cost and efficiency to get to 'the real world'

- Any tips, any at all (cool places, food, stays, experiences, ...) more than welcome.

Thanks everyone!

I don't know where you are coming from but if you come from some place in Europe then you might find a cheap Ryanair flight taking you to Billund in the western part of the country.

But Copenhagen Airport is served by plenty of budget airlines too as well as a lot of the bigger overseas airlines.

Couchsurfing is possible there and there is quite a large couchsurfer community in town.

If you want a side trip to another country then I would recommed you to pop over to Lund in Sweden.

It's close to Denmark and is a nice old university town.

towns I wpould recommend you to visit outside Copenhagen would be Roskilde Helsingor Odense Faaborg Ribe Aarhus and Svendborg

Public transport with train and bus is quite good in Denmark but can be a little expensive too.

Cycling is a great way to see Denmark too as it's very bicycle friendly so if you like cycling and can get hold of a bike then this is really cool and you will fit in with the locals by doing that.

1. Billund (city)
  2. Copenhagen Airport (attraction)
  3. Lund (attraction)
  4. Copenhagen (city)
  5. Roskilde (attraction)
  6. Helsingor (city)
  7. Odense (city)
  8. Faaborg (city)
  9. Ribe (city)
  10. Aarhus (attraction)
  11. Svendborg (city)