Avery
Berkeley

Dallas

Where are the best areas in Dallas for shopping?

I'll be traveling to Dallas with the family for a week and want to break away one day and do some shopping.

Where are the best streets or malls to shop? Would love to find some things I can only get in Dallas, but also interested in the best areas in general. 

Ellen from Dallas

Hands down, NorthPark Center is the #1 shopping place in Dallas and has no peer. From Neiman's, Nordstrom and Macy's to boutiques like Carolina Herrara, Tod's, Kate Spade, Armani, Valentino and Ralph Lauren, it's all there. The cosmetics department at Neiman's is the #1 total volume producer in the entire United States. If you have teens or kids, there is a whole wing of specialty stores. Terrific restaurants plus a food court offer all levels of dining options. And, if you get tired, you can take a break at the AMC NorthPark 15.

Of all the cities I traveled to - including New York where I visit 2-4 times each year - Dallas Northpark remains the premier shopping experience. You'll love it!

1. NorthPark Center (attraction)
  2. AMC NorthPark 15 (attraction)

Raine from Dallas

Highland Park Village is a nice shopping center with really high-end stores like Hermès, Christian Dior Dallas, TOM FORD DALLAS, and Diane von Furstenberg. You should definitely be prepared for some high price tags here.

For shopping that’s a notch (or two) down from that I would try the Knox St area. They have some well-known brands like Kate Spade and Crate & Barrel, but they also have some boutique places. Have a look at a place there called Iota-you mentioned that you wanted something you could only get in Dallas—I think this is your place. They carry lots of pottery, sculptures, etc. by artists and you can really pick up something amazing there. My favorite store in that area, though is a place called Forty Five Ten which is almost like a little department store. Also, don’t miss a store called GRANGE HALL—gorgeous things for the home. 

Finally, I would try Lower Greenville Ave. Much more trendier than the other areas and a LOT cheaper. There’s a place there called Milk & Honey Boutique where I always find something I love!

1. Highland Park Village (attraction)
  2. Hermès (attraction)
  3. Christian Dior Dallas (attraction)
  4. TOM FORD DALLAS (attraction)
  5. Diane von Furstenberg (attraction)
  6. Knox St (attraction)
  7. Kate Spade (attraction)
  8. Crate & Barrel (attraction)
  9. Iota (attraction)
  10. GRANGE HALL (attraction)
  11. Greenville Ave (metro area)
  12. Milk & Honey Boutique (attraction)
  13. Forty Five Ten (attraction)

Andrea M from Augusta

1. Southlake Town Square (attraction)
  2. Galleria Dallas (attraction)