Drew
Cincinnati

Dallas

Taking my fiance to Dallas for her 22nd birthday

I'm taking my fiance to Dallas for her 22nd birthday in January and I'm looking for things to do on a Saturday evening. I'm already planning on going to the zoo in the afternoon because we love animals but I'm looking for things to do that evening and night. What are some local restaurants that we could go to for ~$50 a person (something nice but not outrageous)? Also what are some fun bars that might have local music playing or anything like that? Finally, what is the best place to just walk around and maybe do some shopping the next day? Thanks!

Mandy from Fort Worth

Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville are good choices for after dinner. You'll find a band playing and/or a place to dance at either. Deep Ellum is on the DART light rail, but you'll want to take a cab or Uber to lower G. The zoo is kinda far away from both of those places, so be prepared to drive or get an Uber for that, too.

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

Dallas Zoo  is on the Dart Line.  They have a great map on the DART Rail  website.  My biggest beef about Dallas is driving there, and parking (expensive) after I get there.  If I can't do it on Trinity Railway Expressbetween the two cities I usually do not bother.  

May I suggest heading West to  Fort Worth instead?  Our incredibly user friendly downtown (aka Sundance Square has live theater, two comedy clubs,  movie theater, Bass Performance Hall, places to hear music, great dining  at all price ranges, free parking after 6 and all weekend,  & a circulating tram (Molly the Trolley) that runs a circuit of downtown, with stops at all the hotels.  

If you want to venture from downtown,  head up to the Stockyards Visitor Center north of downtown.  This is where you find the cowboys, and all manner of western gear and food.  Billy Bob's Texas (the world's largest Honky Tonk) is here.  There is a rodeo also.  

Just West of downtown is the Cultural District  which has the Kimbell Art Museum, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, the Amon Carter Museum of American ArtFort Worth Museum of Science and Historyand National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame all within sight of one another.  

Between downtown and the Cultural District  is west 7th  a fairly new residential and eating area.  Another great area for restaurant variety is Magnolia Street which is a short drive from downtown.

South of the Cultural District is Fort Worth Zoo Fort Worth Botanic Garden.  The Zoo is regularly rated in the top 10 zoos in the US.  

Have fun when you come, regardless of the side of the MetroPlex you decide to visit. 

1. Dallas Zoo (attraction)
  2. Fort Worth (city)
  3. Sundance Square (attraction)
  4. Bass Performance Hall (attraction)
  5. Stockyards Visitor Center (attraction)
  6. Billy Bob's Texas (attraction)
  7. Cultural District (attraction)
  8. Kimbell Art Museum (attraction)
  9. Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth (attraction)
  10. Amon Carter Museum of American Art (attraction)
  11. Fort Worth Museum of Science and History (attraction)
  12. National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame (attraction)
  13. Fort Worth Zoo (attraction)
  14. Fort Worth Botanic Garden (attraction)

Gaby

I think Reunion Towerwould be good for you both. There is an observation deck (which I have been on as a chaperone to elementary school kids) and it was a nice view of the city...We spent an hour there.  Also there is the Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck restaurant but I haven't been there ever but I heard that you get a great view and delicious food (I heard it's expensive though). 

1. Reunion Tower (attraction)
  2. Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck (restaurant)

Lauren from Atlanta, Georgia

Trulucks or Ferrings for dinner-Boulvadier for brunch for sure. Any bars in deep ellum are fun. If you make it to Ft. Worth-the stockyards. Have fun!