• Penelope Fontenot
  • "Driving Dallas to New Orleans with 2 small kids"

Penelope Fontenot

Dallas, Texas

Driving Dallas to New Orleans with 2 small kids

Planning to drive from Dallas to New Orleans late October for a family wedding. I have two small boys - a 4 year old and 1 year old, and I'm wondering if I can make the drive all in one day or if I should stop overnight. Since i'm traveling by myself with 2 small kids it would be a LOT of work to unpack all our gear (clothes, crib, etc.) to stop overnight along the way... but i'm worried about a 8-9 hour drive straight through and know I will get tired! I would at least like to make it 4 or 5 hours before I stop overnight - but it looks like only small towns the rest of the way after Shreveport... 

Also - i'm looking for 2 or 3 other good stops along the way to use bathroom and let the boys run around a little bit to stretch their legs!  So a nice rest stop or a family-friendly restaurant would be best!