Sam

Czech Republic

Is there more to see in CR than just Prague?

I know that Prague is the hot spot of the Czech Republic, but I'm just wondering what other towns are worth seeing? My mates and I are going next year and I figure while we're there we should see all there is to see. 

Keith from Denver

Pay a visit to  Kutna Hora, which isn't far from  Prague and is still part of Bohemia, so I could see this being a day trip from Prague.  It's a neat historic town with a lot of cool architecture.  Main things to see there are these churches and palaces:  Cathedral of Our LadySanta Barbara CathedralSedlec Ossuary and  Italian Court.

For really good food there, go to Pivnice Dačický.  It's like Czech soul food!  The people who work there were so nice too.  They love out of town visitors.

1. Kutna Hora (city)
  2. Prague (city)
  3. Cathedral of Our Lady (attraction)
  4. Santa Barbara Cathedral (attraction)
  5. Sedlec Ossuary (attraction)
  6. Italian Court (attraction)
  7. Pivnice Dačický (restaurant)

Gabriella from Netherlands

Hi there!  A few years back I have spent some time in the CR with my czech friends. Prague is one of my all time favourite cities, but I can definitely recommend you to go and visit the  Bohemian Paradise (Cesky Raj), which is a lovely area and nature reserve about an hour away from Prague. It has mountains, beautiful forests and lots of chateus and castles to visit, very atmospheric! Some places of interest are  Hrubá SkálaTrosky CastleValečov Castle... There are also caves, lakes and nice trekking routes, and also the villages with the traditional houses almost look like they are from Grimm fairy tales!

1. Prague (city)
  2. Bohemian Paradise (attraction)
  3. Hrubá Skála (attraction)
  4. Trosky Castle (attraction)
  5. Valečov Castle (attraction)

Tomas from Prague

Prague is top location in Czech Republic, however there are other cities and places which are worth to mention. And if you like nature, there are also nice mountains and national parks.

Cities:

Pilsen is city of beer, you can check their brewery and city center is quite nice also.

Český Krumlov is well known city in South Bohemia and near is also nice castle Hluboka nad Vltavou.

Worth to see are also some spa cities, most known is probably Karlovy Vary and Marianske Lazne.

Natural parks and atractions:

Národni Park Šumava - nice national park

Krkonoše - most known national park in CZ

Správa Národního parku České Švýcarsko - nice nature with well known Pravčická brána

If you are interested in any of these places I can tell you more informations and detailed list of attractions.

Tomas

1. Prague (city)
  2. Pilsen (city)
  3. Český Krumlov (attraction)
  4. Hluboka nad Vltavou (city)
  5. Karlovy Vary (city)
  6. Marianske Lazne (city)
  7. Národni Park Šumava (attraction)
  8. Krkonoše (attraction)
  9. Správa Národního parku České Švýcarsko (attraction)
  10. Pravčická brána (attraction)

Jennifer from Austin (Texas)

Mikulov is a sleepy little, lesser known Czech town for wine connoisseurs, but without the snobbiness of other popular wine regions of the world.  The Moravian hospitality as well, cannot be beat! 

1. Mikulov (city)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

An easy day trip is to Karlstejn where there is a nice castle of the same name (Karlstejn Castle).  It is an easy day trip from Prague by train and while I thought the castle was interesting, i really enjoyed the scenery of the area and countryside, which was extremely beautiful and well worth it to see some things outside the city.  

1. Karlstejn (city)

Kateřina from Prague

If you are into adventure, you can also try one day canoe trip on Sázava river. You can go from Prague by train to Týnec nad Sázavou and then you can rent a boat with all equipment included at Bisport (Bisport). You will see typical cottages around river, you will humble some weirs and you will participate on typical summer activity of Czech people :-).

1. Sázava (attraction)
  2. Prague (city)
  3. Týnec nad Sázavou (city)
  4. Bisport (attraction)

Kamil from Czech Republic

Hi, if you are still looking for some inspiration what to visit in the Czech Republic, you can have a look here on my website where is like 12 pages about tips to nice places: http://www.zivotnacestach.cz/rubrika/zeme-sveta/evropa/ceska-republika/ It is unfortunatelly in Czech language, but it is possible to translate online by Google etc. I hope it will be available also in English soon because here, in the Czech Republic is really so many beautiful places to see! 

Ales from Decin

The Bohemian Switzerland National Park (2 hour by car from Prague).

There is for example Pravčická Gate: the biggest nature rock bridge in Europe.

More: http://www.bohemian-switzerland.cz

1. Bohemian Switzerland National Park (attraction)
  2. Pravčická Gate (attraction)