Richa
Delhi

Czech Republic, Greece

Czech or Greece whcih one is better

I have a week to spend. I and my husband is planning a trip in aug 2017.
Let me know which place we should go for Czech or Greece.

in way of scenic view and a relaxed yet happening city life taking care of safety too.

Lorraine

Both places have their charms. If you have a week, you can see a lot of the Czech Republic as it is very small and pretty easy to get around.Lots to see in Prague-consider Kutna Hora (80k from Prague), Cesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov (170k from P)Plzen (95k) telc (158k) Karlštejn Castle(30k) Moravian Karstworth visiting-225k from Prague but not far from Brno. Have their own currency-banks were not very helpful with converting currency-a useful tip for small amounts-go to MacDonalds-pay in euro or US dollars and they will give you change at a good rate in krona.  You won't see a lot of Greece in a week-better to choose locations-depends on your preference-some islands are party islands, some quite isolated. Can do some day trips from Athens. While in Athens the hop on hop off tour buses were great-we got a 2 day ticket for 15 euro and used it just to get round Athens much more easily than trams and taxis.

Both countries are safe if you use common sense and take normal precautions-Greek people perhaps friendlier in helping tourists than Czech people. It will be very busy in Athens in August and queues will be quite long at various sites.

1. Czech Republic (country)
  2. Prague (city)
  3. Kutna Hora (city)
  4. Cesky Krumlov (city)
  5. Plzen (city)
  6. Karlštejn Castle (attraction)
  7. Moravian Karst (attraction)
  8. Brno (city)
  9. Greece (attraction)
  10. Athens (city)

Salzino

Hi Richa,
They are so different destinations. The question is similar to Mainland or Islands?
Although Athens is great, do a search for Santorini or Mykonosand you will understand what I mean.
I vote for Athens + a couple of islands :-)

1. Athens (city)
  2. Santorini (island)
  3. Mykonos (city)

Kunal

Been to both the places , twice.  

Prague is not a destination for seven days. I'd recommend you guys Greece, specially the islands. Skip Athens

1. Prague (city)
  2. Greece (attraction)
  3. Athens (city)

Mary from Leicester

Neither Greece nor the Czech Republic is 'better' as such and, ultimately, only you can decide which to visit. Here are some points to consider:

1. How you intend to travel around might make a difference. The Czech Republic has an effective railway network whereas Greece does not.

2. Both countries are as safe as any other country in the EU, whether you are walking, using public transport or driving.  

3. Both have some beautiful landscapes, good places to eat, good museums and art galleries, shopping opportunities. Both have a huge number of historical sites and sights though (obviously) only Greece has Ancient Greek sites and a coastline!

4. August is high season for visitors and Greece is a very popular holiday destination for Europeans as well as those from elsewhere. August temperatures in Greece can be very high, less so in the Czech Republic. 

5. Both capital cities...Prague and Athens...are as 'relaxed' and 'happening' as any European capital city is likely to be. It is worth noting that Athens is prone to smog in August.

I hope the points above help with your decision....and I'm sure you'll have a thoroughly enjoyable trip whichever country you choose! :-)

1. Greece (attraction)
  2. Czech Republic (country)
  3. Prague (city)
  4. Athens (city)

Tamar

I have never been in Greece, I visited only Prague and it was really perfect. I went to Prague 2 months ago. Great location, great food, cool atmosphere. The trip would have been annoying without our beautiful Helen who was from Ostrava. She was perfect. Her manners, her knowledge, her voice was just breathtaking! My child loved her. Maybe you will also need a guide. Places to see in Prague are absolutely impressive Pražský orloj in Prague, Municipal HouseChurch of Our Lady before Týn,  also Prague Zoo ,which will be entertaining not only for you also for your kid. Here you will see many holidays and festivals if you visit the country in summertime.

1. Greece (attraction)
  2. Prague (city)
  3. Ostrava (city)
  4. Pražský orloj (attraction)
  5. Municipal House (attraction)
  6. Church of Our Lady before Týn (attraction)
  7. Prague Zoo (attraction)

Mobile