Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup
Frank asked

travel card (or visa)

My understanding is that a travel card (or visa) may be obtained at the airport that you depart from to arrive in Cuba. Has anybody traveled there in the past few months? Things have opened up considerably.

Also, I read in two different places two different stories about passports. One says that the passport must be valid for six months beyond your intended stay in Cuba. Another states that the passport must be valid only for your length of stay in Cuba. Can you give clarification?


2 Answers
answered first by
Tonya Russ from Charlotte

The whole six month passport rule drives me bonkers!  It's like..... why isn't it valid till the expiration date?  So as a general rule, to be safe than sorry make sure you passport is current no matter what country!! I renew my passport in the last year of expiration.  I think they are doing away with the more pages feature, so order your passport with extra pages while that option is still featured.

Comments (0)

likes (1) thanks
answered by

Yes, you can obtain a travel visa at the airport.  The lines are long at the airport, so arrive early.  Not sure about the length of validity on your passport.

Comments (0)


Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms