Sarah

Cuba

When is the best time of year to visit Cuba?

I'm starting to plan my first trip to Cuba. I've got some good ideas for places to visit, but I've got 2 other questions! 

- What is the best time of year to visit Cuba? I'm thinking of going for 2 weeks next May

- how much $$ should I bring on a 2 week trip to Cuba?

Jeff from Brooklyn, New York

Tourist season is winter, especially December.  But part of this decision will depend on what you like to do.  There are various cultural festivals during the year; I go to the jazz fest, hence December.

As to money: it will cost you about $40 a night to stay in a "casa particulare."  (I highly recommend Hilda Y Alejandro, in vieja habana.)  You can find these on trip advisor.  That includes breakfast.

After that, while things are not expensive, figure you will need another $40 a day for food/drinks.  And then it depends on what you plan to do, and what you plan to bring home.

Mobile