Pip
Matamata

Cuba, Miami

How can I get to Cuba from the US?

Do I have to go to Mexico or elsewhere to get to Cuba from Miami?

Kathy from Wilmington

depends on if you are a US citizen.  If so, travel is direct from US via approved travel groups only.  If you are just looking to get to cuba without a group, and you are not a US citizen, fly to either Mexico or Canada 

Annemarie from New York City

Unfortunately, right now the only way to get to Cuba from the States is through a cultural exchange program and so, flights are few and far between, and expensive. My friends with duel citizenship often fly through Toronto, Canada, though. Good luck. 

Ana from Vedado, La Habana, Cuba

I have traveled to Cuba (family visit) using the charters from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Try to avoid flying from Miami international, it is a harrowing experience. One operator I was happy with was http://www.cubatravelservices.com/.  They may be specialized for US citizens. As others had said, Canada and Mexico are your best options. 

Janet from Emerald Hills, Ca

As a Kiwi you have the absolute right to go to Cuba, unlike Americans. However, current American law prohibits any direct money transfer to Cuba, so unless you join an educational tour in the US you will have to fly there via the Caribbean or Mexico. These tours generally are limited to something less than a week in Havana with maybe one day trip or overnight outside of Havana. Don't fall for it....Cuba is a fabulous place and if you have the time...see the whole island. Transport is probably the biggest challenge. Go to the Havana bus station and talk to the guys outside...they'll hook you up with someone who wants to go where you do. 

PS to Americans: there are ways for you to get there too. Don't take no for an answer, do your homework. 

Sophie

Depending on your nationality. A US citizen cannot go there unless with a special visa or family ties.

From the US, no flight engines will come up with a route. Special travel agencies only can.

Typically routes incl. Canada, Mexico, Carribean.

Jim from Texas

Go to Canada or Mexico.  As long as you aren't a US citizen, you can catch a flight from there.  There are also charter flights from Miami.  But I don't know if they are open to the general public from other countries.

Hope this helps.

Christie from Yünnan, Yunnan, China

You need to transit at Mexico, there is no other place you can easily go to Cuba from US. Do remember to get a Cuba visa at Mexico airport.