Gus
Miami

Croatia

Yacht Week Croatia

Hey Guys/Girls, I am planning a trip to Croatia June27-July4th, I booked a yacht to join Yacht Week and will be there with two friends (2guys and 1girls). we have a couple spots on our yacht so if you are interested in joining the fun let me know. we can have one more guy ($800) and two or three more girls($600). I am also planning to stay in Split the weekend after, any recommendations about activities? places to visit?

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Gus, 

That sounds awesome, you'll have a great time! If you've never been you should definitely walk around Split and take in the buildings and views, there's:

Diocletian's Palace

Marjan

- The port

Cathedral of St. Domnius

I would also recommend heading up to Krka National Park, it's definitely worth seeing!  Split is great, but it's touristy and you can cover the main points in a few hours. Even though the national park attracts a lot of people, it can't be missed! I'll tell you what I told another Trippy user: the park is huge and could take you several days, but you can see enough in a day. Waterfalls are amazing and nature walk is breathtaking. This can get busy with people, so a tip is to stay there past 5:30/6 which is around when the ticket booth closes (call to make sure), but the park stays open for another 2 hours, where you’ll find it much more serene and peaceful (almost no people).

You can also take a boat ride to Hvar from Split and spend the day there. 

-Kristal

1. Split (city)
  2. Diocletian's Palace (attraction)
  3. Marjan (attraction)
  4. Cathedral of St. Domnius (attraction)
  5. Krka National Park (attraction)
  6. Hvar (city)