Joshua
Reno

Joshua from Reno asked

Top things to do in these Croatian Cities?

Hi there, we got some great advise on cities to see in Croatia.  We are now planning what to do in these cities.

- Zagreb - 2 nights, we wont be in during the day.

Looking for good places to go for to eat dinner, go to fun bars with good beer and good cocktails.

- Rovinj / Istria - 2 days and 2 nights in Rovinj.

We are looking for great vineyards to go to, fantastic sights to see and places for good dinner and cocktails.

Novalja - 2 days and 2 nights

Looking for best private/unique beaches, hikes, wine, food and kyaking.

Pag - 1 Day.

We will drive through Pag on the way to Zadar.  What are the best places to go for cheeses, food, other fun places.

Zadar - 1 day 2 nights. w/ Ugljan one day.

Looking for best places to go, party spots, also if there are any must see clubs or bars.

Split and Hvar - 

Should we spend 2 nights in split or 1?  Best places to see/do.

Driving to Dubrovnik, best places to stop, have lunch, coffee, beaches.

Dubrovnik - 3 nights.

All the good stuff here.

Thanks in advance.

Croatia

Antica from Zagreb

On the way to Dubrovnik stop  in Ston, famous for seafood and oystresses and mussels that grow there right in front of your eyes. There is a salt farm and city walls to visit.

Antica from Zagreb

Zagreb - don't miss Tkalciceva street. There is beer, wine, cocktails there in various pubs and restaurants too. For clubs and different events go to the Information center at Jelacic square and there you can get monthly program and actual information for days you are there. There are many different events going on during the year.

Dubrovnik - Don't miss city tours and cable car to the Srd mountain for the view. Check www.outdoorcroatia.com  for kayaking or cycling tours. That's really something special.

Janine from Seattle

Some great restaurants to try in Zagreb:

Restoran Vinodol and Restoran Agava were my favorites. Great food and reasonably priced

1. Restoran Vinodol (restaurant)
  2. Restoran Agava (restaurant)
Diana from Lisbon

I don't know about most of the cities you mention, but I can tell you about Rovinj, the first city I've recently visited in Croatia and it made me fall in love and want to come back. 

So I wrote this blog post where I included a list of things to do in Rovinj.

http://www.wheretwogoto.com/from-vienna-to-rovinj-croatia/

It is such a lovely and romantic city. Go for it! :)

1. Rovinj (attraction)
  2. Croatia (country)
Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Joshua, 

This is amazing, I know you'll have a blast. My favorite restaurant on Hvar is Konoba Menego. They have great fish, any daily special is delicious and their young sheep cheese with honey is delicious!

I would also highly suggest going to Plitvice Lakes National Park and Krka National Park. Plitvice is a 2.5 hour drive from Split, so if you stay that extra day you can do that. These two national parks and the island of Hvar were my most memorable experiences in Croatia. 

- Kristal

1. Hvar (city)
  2. Konoba Menego (restaurant)
  3. Plitvice Lakes National Park (park)
  4. Krka National Park (attraction)
Toni from Croatia

Hi Joshua,

Nice list of itineraries.

Here's a comprehensive map of my recommendations (eat, drink, see, do, stay, etc) that you might find helpful as you plan your trip through Croatiahttps://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z__IpAAPCxSE.kT5t1h2_B1_8.

Have a great time!

1. Croatia (country)