Ariel
Israel

Ariel from Israel asked

A family friendly hotel close to nice beach in Crete

I'm looking for a family friendly hotel close to a nice beach on the Greek island of Crete. Preferably in a quiet place.

Medium plus budget

Crete

Caterina from Florence

Hi Ariel, I spent last Summer in Crete and I honestly fell in love with this amazing Island. I spent 5-6 days between Chania, Kissamos and Falassarna (a heavenly beach south-west of Kissamos) and 10 days between Chora Sfakion (south east of Chania), Gavdos, Palaiochora and Elafonisi. If you are planning to visit these places I can recommend you a comfy & family friendly hotel with all amenities in Kissamos: Aphrodite Beach Hotel (website)... the staff is super-friendly (Aphrodite as lovely as a mom) and from there you can reach Phalasarna in only 30 minutes by car (if you don't have a car, you can take advantage of the bus station nearby).

In Chora Sfakion (south-west coast of Crete) I booked a double room at Lefka Ori Hotel (website) that is simple, cheap, silent & clean (+ it overlooks the little harbour, has a fantastic tavern and a super friendly staff (the guy named Iannis in particular).

In Paleochora I spent 4 nights at Hotel Glaros(website) and you have to give a big, big hug to Katerina, Andreas and his dad (the owners) if you decide to book a room there :-D

What else could I say? I much preferred the south coast (especially Chora Sfakion) because is wilder, not crowded at all and boasts the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen (Glyka Nera Beach is a paradise on earth... believe me...) but I'd go back to Falassarna too and book a room/apartment right on the beach for a few days.

I hope you will find this answer useful,

should you have more questions don't hesitate to ask!

Caterina

Hey Caterina, amazing info as always! Just to let you know, we've helped you geo-tag everything else that you mentioned so that they're all on your map :)

Caterina
Thank you Debbie! (I know, I'm very bad at Geo-tagging...) :-D

Ariel
Thanks Caterina!

1. Chania (attraction)
  2. Kissamos (city)
  3. Chora Sfakion (city)
  4. Gavdos (island)
  5. Palaiochora (city)
  6. Elafonisi (island)
  7. Kissamos (city)
  8. Aphrodite Beach Hotel (hotel)
  9. Phalasarna (city)
  10. Lefka Ori Hotel (hotel)
  11. Hotel Glaros (hotel)
  12. Glyka Nera Beach (attraction)