Poonam
Allentown

Cozumel, Chichen Itza

Travelling to Cozumel and would like to go see Chichen Itza

Husband, daughter & myself will be visiting Cozumel and would like to do a day trip to Chichen Itza. Should I book a trip before we leave or is it economical to book once I am there? What is the best route to go about this?

Ross from Fort Collins

If you go through your hotel it will cost you. i would book ahead of time and find a company with good reviews. Also chichen itza is very touristy and a little disappointing. I'm not joking, they do a laser light show there. If you travel south there are great ruins and cenotes closer to were you are staying that are more low key. Itza was very disappointing for me. I would love to help more. Ask me anything you want.

http://wanderingross.com/

Kate from Ohio

Just thought I would throw another idea out there.  You might consider visiting Ek Balam instead.  There is more shade, it is less crowded and you can climb up the incredibly steep stairs.

1. Ek Balam (attraction)

Ed from Salt Lake City

I still have not made it to Cozumel, but I think it is a short walk from the ferry dock in Playa del Carmen to the bus station, and then take the bus directly to Chichen Itza.  I wouldn't waste money on something I had to book, or a special tour.  Mexican buses are better than US airlines.