Chris
Dallas

Côte d’Azur

Visiting the French Riviera

When is the best time of the year to visit the French Riviera?

Mathilde from Venice Beach

Hey Chris! Avril-June & September are the best months to explore the French Riviera. I've spent all my childhood holidays near the Esterel Côte d'Azur, wonderful red rock mountains overlooking the Mediterranean sea.

Actually, depends what you wanna do/see.

- April is ideal for trekking, nature is awesome (spring => flowers everywhere) and small cities are pretty quiet but still a bit cool to swim :)

- May gets crowded during the Cannes festival so make sure you book your accomodation well in advance. Temperature is great

- June & September are the best for who loves sun & bath without the crowd. 

I would definitely avoid July-August unless you wanna go clubbing (CannesSaint-Tropez) mainly.

If you do specify what activities you're looking for I am happy to help you out! :)

1. Esterel Côte d'Azur (attraction)
  2. Cannes (city)
  3. Saint-Tropez (city)

Tristan from Singapore

I strongly recommend NOT going during the summer holidays i.e July and August.

So if you want to still get good weather that leaves you with May to mid June and September.

Robson from Istanbul

Hi Chris,
We spent 2 weeks in Nice last July. The city was packed but with a great atmosphere. We really enjoyed the Nice Jazz Festival.
Cannes was really overcrowded. ( to be honest didnt like much Cannes...)
Locals told us that the French Riviera is best enjoyed between May-June. Good weather and not that crowded.

1. Nice (city)
  2. Cannes (city)