Amit
Kfar Saba, Israel

Costa Rica

What should I do with 2 weeks in Costa Rica?

Hi, i plan to visit Costa-Rica for 2 weeks during Decemebr. which region i shall go? what are the most recommended sites? i prefer nature trip , treks , views.

thanks!

Hello Amit. I would suggest Guanacaste . It is a province of Costa Rica located at the northwest of the country and is home of beautiful beaches, mountain ranges and a number of volcanoes. I will name those beaches that I have visited and/or are my favorite ones. Tamarindo, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo, Del Coco Beach and Playa Hermosa. There are many national parks and volcanos nearby to visit. One of my favorite is Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde and Arenal Volcano. If you have time and are more into relaxation, eco beach, surfing, etc., visit Playa Santa Teresa. It is located at the Nicoya pretty close to Guanacaste. I would suggest to rent a 4x4.

If you want another option I would say Limon.  Because it is located at the Caribbean side of the country, the beaches are absolutely gorgeous. Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Cahuita , Gandoca Manzanilloand Tortuguero are my recommendations.

Osa Peninsula is another excellent option however in my opinion it is a bit far away from the city. 

I always suggest hotels, and things to do in each place. Not sure if you need this type of information as well. Please let me know if so.

Pura vida!!

PS / Here a few pics from my family album / December, 2014

1. Guanacaste (region)
  2. Tamarindo (city)
  3. Playa Conchal (attraction)
  4. Playa Flamingo (attraction)
  5. Del Coco Beach (attraction)
  6. Playa Hermosa (attraction)
  7. Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde (hotel)
  8. Arenal Volcano (attraction)
  9. Playa Santa Teresa (attraction)
  10. Nicoya (city)
  11. Limon (attraction)
  12. Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (city)
  13. Cahuita (city)
  14. Gandoca Manzanillo (attraction)
  15. Tortuguero (city)
  16. Osa Peninsula (region)

My favorite places in Costa Rica are La Fortuna with its lovely views of Arenal Volcano and its charming, friendly square.  We stayed at Tabacón Grand Spa-which gives you access to the amazing hot springs. You will feel like you are in a tropical wonderland-with mojitos!

On the coast, I adored the area around Corcovado National Park (stay at the wonderful Aguila De Osa Inn).  Plenty to do-hiking, snorkling/diving around the nearby island, fishing, whale watching.  The food is amazing and the staff are delightful.  Make sure to fly into Palmar Sur and take the 1.5 hour boat ride to the inn along the Sierpe River.

Lastly, head to Manuel Antonio.  It's easy to access from San Jose.  Stay at the smaller, local Si Como No Hotel and eat at our friends coffee shop/restaurant Cafe Milagro-say hi to Adrienne!

1. La Fortuna (attraction)
  2. Tabacón Grand Spa (attraction)
  3. Corcovado National Park (attraction)
  4. Aguila De Osa Inn (hotel)
  5. Manuel Antonio (region)
  6. Si Como No Hotel (hotel)
  7. Cafe Milagro (restaurant)

This blog post might help. I was only there 9 days, so you'll have extra time to hang around a few places a bit longer.