Jessica
Miami

Costa Rica, Santa Cruz (Costa Rica), Quepos, Nicoya

Top places to visit in the west coast of Costa Rica during a 5 day trip?

I am very laid-back. don't have a budget, but I'm not planning on spending a lot.  Like bars, surf, beautiful beaches, reservoirs, canopy...? 

Instituto from Liberia

If you have 5 days to spend, you can see a lot if you choose a place to stay in the Guanacaste region. I second the idea of Tamarindo because it has a nice beach and a great nightlife. From there, you can visit many great places - tons of nearby beaches for surf/snorkle, Rincon de la Vieja National Park, and other great spots like waterfalls and national parks to see wildlife. 

Otherwise, the Manuel Antonio area is another great option because of the pretty beaches and the amazing national park. 

Five days isn't too long, so I think you will find plenty to fill your time! If you ever come down for a longer trip, come learn Spanish with us! 

Have a great trip!

1. Tamarindo (city)
  2. Rincon de la Vieja National Park (attraction)
  3. Manuel Antonio (region)

Ryan from Redondo Beach

It has been years, but I spent some time in the Quepos area. We stayed at the Hotel Costa Verde. They have bars in old airplanes and the "front office" was an old train car.

The thing I remember the most was being able to watch the monkeys swinging through the trees from our balcony that overlooked the top of the rain forest. Truly a sight to see!There's also great hiking in Manuel Antonio park. Have fun and remember Pura Vida!

1. Quepos (city)
  2. Hotel Costa Verde (attraction)
  3. Manuel Antonio (region)

Go south to the Osa Peninsula.  Stay at the Aguila De Osa Inn.  If you are only going to be in or around Quepos, make sure to stop in to Café Milagro Coffee Roasters in Quepos.  Tell Adrienne I sent you...

1. Aguila De Osa Inn (hotel)
  2. Café Milagro Coffee Roasters in Quepos (attraction)

Richard from Costa Rica

Manuel Antonio will be able to satisfy your request elegantly but maybe also the polar opposite side in Puerto Viejo could be you "riddim" too.

1. Manuel Antonio (region)
  2. Puerto Viejo (city)

Markus from Kreuzlingen

From my point of view one of the best beaches you can find is Tamarindo which is a very nice and easy town. I unfortunately stayed there for only one night at the Hotel Jardin Del Eden which was awesome. We then went on to the south to Montezuma and stayed at a smaller hotel in town. Beaches are not that nice down there, a lot rougher but food options and atmosphere are very easy but more Hippy-like. 

1. Tamarindo (city)
  2. Hotel Jardin Del Eden (hotel)
  3. Montezuma (city)

Scott from Boca Raton

Jaco. Great little beach town.

1. Jaco (city)

Eyal from Haifa

I would recommend you stay in Santa Teresa and visit up north. beautiful beaches and nature around, surfers village, bars, it's by the beach with basic budget

1. Santa Teresa (city)

jodi

Head to Dominical!

1. Dominical (city)