Sarah

Costa Rica, Monteverde, Arenal

Costa Rica Hot Springs Recommendations?

I'll be traveling to Monteverde from Tamarindo, and hoping to visit hot springs in the area. Which are the best hot springs? And is it better to go early in the day or in the evening? Thanks!

Erick from Heredia

Sarah,

There is a place in Monteverde, a small farm that offers a horseback riding tour and at the end, this place has a gorgeous hot springs. The name is Finca La Lindora and you may want to ask about them once you get to Monteverde.

Other place I really like is Rio Negro and Rincón de la Vieja National Park.

1. Monteverde (attraction)
  2. Rio Negro (attraction)
  3. Rincón de la Vieja National Park (attraction)

henry from Costa Rica

Welcome to Costa Rica, down by the way you're coming, I suggest Miravalles Volcano( Las Hornillas ) because maybe you would like to use volcanic mud, and hot springs. Besides it's closer than Monteverde but there is another place in La Fortuna, The Springs Resort & Spa at Arenal.

1. Miravalles Volcano (attraction)
  2. Monteverde (attraction)
  3. La Fortuna (attraction)
  4. The Springs Resort & Spa at Arenal (hotel)

Baldi Hot Springs Resort Hotel & Spa is great! 

Simbiosis de Costa Rica is a mud spa and springs in Rincón de la Vieja National Park which was one of my favourite places! You steam in a sauna to open your pores and then paint on mud from the boiling pit and relax, shower it off and then go soak in hot pools. 

Río Negro was also neat because it isn't a traditional "pool", you're literally soaking in a pool in the middle of the forest.

Jesse from New York City

Tabacón Grand Spa definitely has the most hot springs but are also usually the most crowded.  If you're only there for a quick stop i still think either that or The Springs Resort & Spa are your best options.  Both incredible and both great day or night. 

1. Tabacón Grand Spa (attraction)
  2. The Springs Resort & Spa (hotel)

Hello Sarah!

The best spots are located in La Fortuna. In addition you can see the amazing Arenal volcano from almost every main hotel in the area. I will recommend only those that I have stayed in but I am sure you can find a few on internet. To me the best hot springs are: Tabacón Grand Spa, Baldi Hot Springs Resort Hotel & Spa, Termales del Bosque, and Arenal Springs Hotel. If you are driving from Tamarindo or Monteverde, it is much better that you leave in the morning. Hot springs area is not very close from where you will be.

I hope this helps.

Saludos,

1. La Fortuna (attraction)
  2. Tabacón Grand Spa (attraction)
  3. Baldi Hot Springs Resort Hotel & Spa (hotel)
  4. Termales del Bosque (hotel)
  5. Arenal Springs Hotel (hotel)
  6. Tamarindo (city)
  7. Monteverde (attraction)