Erin

Erin from Chicago asked

Adult only all inclusive resorts on Caribbean side?

We're going on our honeymoon and would love to visit the Sloth Sanctuary

Costa Rica

Terry from Buffalo (New York)

Answering your question - no there are no all-inclusives in the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.  With that said, based on the vibe, you probably would not want there regardless.  This side of Costa Rica is very laid-back, hippie in the true sense...  

Honeymoon you said?  There are two luxury options - The Tree House (www.costaricatreehouse.com) (NOT to be confudes with the other Tree House in the other Puerto Viejo in Salamanca.  The other luxury option is Le Cameleon Hotel (www.lecameleonhotel.com) more of a resort with its own beach club.  There are the two lux properties.

Another thought is that if you are coming from San Jose, you avoid the drive and switch for a Whitewater Rafting transfer that brings you down the Pacuare River which is one of the top 5 best rafting rivers in the world (that as a bonus boasts warm waters!)  You can easily do this with a night or two at Selva Bananito (www.selvabananito.com).  With that said, and if you real feel like splurging (but worth it!), there is always the Pacuare Lodge (www.pacuarelodge.com) - honeymoon or linda vista suites.

My best advice is to contact the folks at www.costaricanvibes.com - when it comes to important trips - I would suggest relying on true experts and professionals in travel.

AMAZING answers, Terry! You're making me want to take off to Costa Rica and Lima. Thanks for sharing! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map. In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your maps next to your answers! :)

1. The Tree House (hotel)
  2. Le Cameleon Hotel (attraction)
  3. San Jose (city)
  4. Pacuare River (attraction)
  5. Selva Bananito (hotel)
  6. Pacuare Lodge (hotel)

I highly recommend Almonds and Corals Hotel located in Manzanillo, Limón, very close from the Sloth Sanctuary. I heard the Hotel Cariblue is also a very nice hotel but I have never stayed therefore you better google it.

Pura vida!! 

Great suggestions here, Rocio! Thanks for sharing! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer! :)

Jo from Montreal

We stayed at Hotel Playa Negra in Cahuita. It isn't all inclusive but it was very, very quiet and just what we were looking for. A short drive from Sloth Sanctuary. The Guesthouse is perfectly kept, beautiful grounds, a lovely swimming pool and the innkeepers know how to run a hotel. There are lovely restaurants within walking distance and a lively little reggae bar down the road. Across the road from beautiful Playa Negra. Paradise.

Rocio
The map locator is wrong as Cartago is a bit far from Limon or Cahuita where the Sloth Sanctuary is located.

Hey Jo and Rocio, is this the Hotel Playa Negra that you mentioned? http://www.playanegra.com/en/ If so, let me know the team will remap it for you. Thanks for pointing this out! If you see anything like this in the future, please flag it for us with the "feedback" button at the top of any page and we'll fix it :)

1. Hotel Playa Negra (hotel)
  2. Sloth Sanctuary (attraction)