Kate
Hermosa Beach

Costa Rica, Tambor

Activities for 14 people in Tango Mar near Cabo Blanco reserve, Costa Rica

My family and I are headed to Tango Mar, Costa Rica, in the Cabo Blanco reserve in August for one week. There will be 14 of us ranging from 12 to 79 years of age and we are looking for food and activity recommendations.  We are a pretty active family and are open to all suggestions. My niece would like to see monkeys (so would I), zip lining, kayaking any and all recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks.

henry from Costa Rica

Hi everyone, since now best of the wishes on this trip.

In Tango Mar Resort you could find some big houses for renting. You should visit Curú Wildlife Refuge which is back to you like a 3 miles, here you could fine a lot of monkeys and other kind of animals, then in in the town of Tambor you will fine some good restaurants and local ¨sodas¨ with typical food, they have good prices.

Please visit MontezumaPlaya Santa Teresa which is not too far from tango mar.

Please take care of the waves because this is an open sea, ok?  good luck.

1. Tango Mar Resort (hotel)
  2. Curú Wildlife Refuge (attraction)
  3. Tambor (city)
  4. Montezuma (city)
  5. Playa Santa Teresa (attraction)

Instituto from Liberia

I second the Montezuma suggestion! It's one of my favorite places in Costa Rica!! 
Also, from Montezuma you can take a boat to Manuel Antonio which has an amazing national park with tons of wildlife. 

Have a great trip!

1. Montezuma (city)