Fernanda
Sao Paulo

Copenhagen

What would be the perfect local experience in Copenhagen?

I'm coming to Copenhagen in October and I'm super excited. 

I love traveling but seeing the city as a local. I don't mind if I miss on big touristy things (is not my taste). 

So, what do YOU as a Danish recommend me to do in my 4-day stay in your beautiful city? 

Marijs from Antwerp

I lived in Copenhagen for half a year and absolutely loved it. I would recommend not spending too much time around city hall (even though Tivoli is great) but to head to the other side of the Stroget. Check out Kongens Have, have a pizza sandwich at Pizza Huset and sit around Rosenborg Slot if the weather is good. 

1. Copenhagen (city)
  2. Kongens Have (attraction)
  3. Pizza Huset (restaurant)
  4. Rosenborg Slot (attraction)

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi Fernanda, I wrote this to another question and think it will suit your visit as well.

I would recommend you rent a bike to get around town. It's very bike friendly, and you can see a lot since Copenhagen isn't that big. Here's a list of things to consider:

Freetown Christiania is a must see. It's a freetown in the really nice area of Chritianshavn.

Take a trip around the canals of Copenhagen with the Canaltours from Nyhavn. Go for the Netto-Boats which is  cheapest (Same route).

In the inner city there's a lot of museums, attractions etc. which you can read all about here: http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0.

But besides from this I would recommend going to some of the areas outside of the innercity e.g. Vesterbro (Go to Istedgade,  the old meatpacking district and Carlsberg) and Nørrebro (Torvehallerne, Elmegade, Blågårdsgade) which is really cool and special in each way.

Have a good trip and let me know if you have any questions!

1. Freetown Christiania (neighborhood)
  2. Nyhavn (neighborhood)
  3. Vesterbro (attraction)
  4. Istedgade (attraction)
  5. Carlsberg (neighborhood)
  6. Nørrebro (attraction)
  7. Torvehallerne (attraction)
  8. Elmegade (attraction)
  9. Blågårdsgade (attraction)

If you wanna do like the locals then rent a bike and cycle around the city.

You have several places where bikes are for rent and if you want a guided tour by bike in Copenhagen then Bike Copenhagen with Mike does really good tours.

Going out at night you might wanna hit the area around Istedgade and Halmtorvet where you have lot's of smaller trendy bars where the local trendy crowd hang out.

1. Bike Copenhagen with Mike (attraction)
  2. Istedgade (attraction)
  3. Halmtorvet (attraction)

Steve

Det Lille Apotek a great little restaurant not far from the Strøget, where BTW you'll find a lot of locals, not just tourists! Tivoli is nicely decorated for Halloween if you get there at just the right time of month.

1. Det Lille Apotek (restaurant)
  2. Strøget (attraction)
  3. Tivoli (attraction)