Simon
Cologne

Copenhagen

Four days in Copenhagen - Suggestions?

Hello dear Trippy Community :)

I will be in Copenhagen this weekend (4 days). Any suggestions what to do / what to see? I've never been before and would be happy about any ideas from you......

Simon 

Anna from Athens

Lovely! 4 days are more than enough for Copenhagen. I visited in May do most of my suggestions are outdoors!! Well you can pay the Little Mermaid a visit and of course Nyhavn. Walk around Christiania and if you feel like it visit the new Aquarium near the airport. It's not cheap but it's worth the visit. 

Copenhagen has many palaces as well. Food wise I recommend Gorm pizza in Nyhavn 14 and Magstraede 16 as well as Gråbrødretorv square.

Kirsten from Chicago

Take a side trip to Roskilde to see the cathedral and Viking museum or go to see Frederiksborg Slot. Both are an easy train ride away and worth the journey. In the city be sure to get a Copenhagen Card upon arrival. This will get you discounts at close to 70 attractions (something like that) and free transportation throughout the city and the surrounding area. It also includes a free cruise of the canals which is a great way to get an overview of the city so you can go back and see what you want. We also enjoyed Rosenborg Slot, strolling the Strøget, touring the National Museum of Denmark, climbing up the Rundetårnor you can climb the Church of Our Saviour , both have amazing views of the city. Eat at all the bakeries, we didn't find one we didn't like and try one of the crepe vendors on the Stroget. Delicious!

1. Roskilde (city)
  2. Frederiksborg Slot (attraction)
  3. Rosenborg Slot (attraction)
  4. Strøget (attraction)
  5. National Museum of Denmark (attraction)
  6. Rundetårn (attraction)
  7. Church of Our Saviour (attraction)

Karl from Copenhagen

I would make sure to get out of the centre of the city and visit Nørrebro and Vesterbrogade. This is where we actually live ;-) 

In Nørrebro, you can spend time at and around Jægersborggade and the area around Elmegade and Blågårds Plads is nice as well. Eat at Restaurant Relæ, Manfred & Vin, Wascator I/S or get Copenhagen's best kebab at Kebabistan on Nørrebrogade.

In Vesterbro make sure to go to Kødbyen (meat packing) for eating and going out. Eat at Kødbyens Fiskebar or Grill, Burgers at Tommy's, going out: Bakken and Cafe Dyrehaven.

If you want to get out of the city, then Louisiana Museum of Modern Art is a great place, both in terms of collection and location. If you stay on the train a little longer you will reach Elsinore, where Hamlet's castle, Kronborg Slot, is located. By the entrance is the new maritime museum by Danish starchitect Bjarke Ingels. It's about an hour from the center of Copenhagen.

I wouldn't get the Copenhagen Card unless you plan on going to a lot of museums. Also, if it's not raining all the time; rent a bike!

I hope this helps you!

1. Nørrebro (attraction)
  2. Vesterbrogade (attraction)
  3. Jægersborggade (attraction)
  4. Elmegade (attraction)
  5. Blågårds Plads (attraction)
  6. Restaurant Relæ (restaurant)
  7. Manfred & Vin (restaurant)
  8. Wascator I/S (restaurant)
  9. Kebabistan (attraction)
  10. Kødbyen (attraction)
  11. Kødbyens Fiskebar (restaurant)
  12. Bakken (attraction)
  13. Cafe Dyrehaven (restaurant)
  14. Louisiana Museum of Modern Art (attraction)
  15. Kronborg Slot (attraction)