I heard that Danes love ice cream. True? I'm going to Copenhagen this summer and I DO love ice cream! Where should I go for the best of the best?
Hi Aerin! You're right actually, there's quite a few good ice cream places in town. Some of the places below also have quite good coffee. I've included a few that haven't already been mentioned so far:
· OLUFs IS: Olufsvej 6, 2100 København Ø.
· Østerberg Ice Cream: Rosenvængets Allé 7C, 2100 København Ø.
· Café Det Vide Hus: Gothersgade 113, 1123 København K
· Siciliansk Is: Vesterbro: Skydebanegade 3, 1719 København V. Christianshavn: Christianshavns Kanal 2, 1406 København K.
· Istid: Jægerborgsgade, Copenhagen K.
· Café Det Vide Hus: Kongelundsvej 116, 2300 København K
Mentioned in this answer:
ismageriet out on Amager (close to the airport). Without a doubt the best ice cream in the greater Copenhagen area. The traditional flavors are excellent, but if you want a truly Nordic experience, go for one of the licorice flavored varieties. Also, try the "guf" on top for a little extra creamy sweetness. :)
If you are in the city center then you have several outlets of Paradis which is the icecream chain that set off the ice cream craze about 10 years ago.
They have been insanely popular over the past few years.
If you like gourmet then you should also pop by Torvehallerne where you can also find ice cream and various other gourmet things in a casual but trendy setting.