JR
Manhattan Beach

JR from Manhattan Beach asked

Family-friendly hotel in walking distance to cool stuff!

We've never been to Copenhagen before and are really looking foward to getting the most out of our time. This is a splurge trip for us, so we are willing to pay a little more for a cool place in a great location with some extra space preferably. We'll be there in July for 5 nights. Our daughter is 2 1/2 and still napping so we'd like a place that walkable to the sights and cool parts of town. Any cool things nearby to do/see would be great too. thanks!!

Copenhagen

Ryan from San Francisco

Years ago I enjoyed my stay  71 Nyhavn Hotel, which was upscale and well-designed. The Nyhavn neighborhood is gorgeous in the summer, right out on the water, and walkable to most areas of town. Copenhagen is a very walkable city, and the Net mass transit system makes getting around simple. You *may* want to stay closer to the  Strøget or Tivoli at the center of town, but I was content to stay a bit further away to enjoy a quieter hood.

Also: as wonderful as the historic parts of the city are, be sure to visit  Freetown Christiania. Its story is amazing, and the whole area is wonderful to walk around.

Enjoy the city. I studied there for a summer when I was in high school, and have returned a couple times since. It's a fantastic town.

JR
Awesome answer! I had no idea you were a Copenhagen fan! Thanks Ryan. As admin, i just edited a couple of the places that didn't match. It's so easy, I think we will open that up to everyone. On a side note, we are going to be spending time in Gilleleje too. My brother's wife's family is Danish... so it's big family trip.

Brew
That location is great, especially during the summer. Not sure how the hotel would do for you traveling with a young child. The D'Angleterre is kind of the grand dame and is righ5 around the corner (but much, much more expensive)

1. 71 Nyhavn Hotel (hotel)
  2. Nyhavn (neighborhood)
  3. Strøget (attraction)
  4. Tivoli (attraction)
  5. Freetown Christiania (neighborhood)