Kimberly

Copenhagen

Best shopping in Copenhagen?

Where are the best areas to shop in Copenhagen?  I'll be there with my mama!  I'd love to window shop at the huge designer stores as well as peruse through indie boutiques.

Monica from New York, New York

Hey Kimberly!

I've just studied abroad in Copenhagen for four months, and have done plenty of shopping there! The best area for shopping is Strøget, it's the main "shopping street" in Copenhagen, with plenty of designer stores, restaurants, jewelry stores, and small shops. 

Hope this helps!

1. Strøget (attraction)

Katherine from San Diego

Claus is correct about Strøget being your best place for shopping.  You will probably want to also visit the flagship store of the Denmark department store Magasin Du Nord.

1. Strøget (attraction)
  2. Magasin Du Nord (attraction)

The main pedestrian street in Copenhagen is called Strøget and that is the main place for the big designer brands in Copenhagen.

The street is one of the longest pedestrian streets in the world and has shops all the way.

The side streets to Strøget have quite a bit of indie boutiques and such that should satisfy you and that area is also very good for small trendy cafes.

1. Copenhagen (city)
  2. Strøget (attraction)

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi Kimberly!

As mentioned the main area is Strøget and the streets around there.

But I would definitely recommend you go to Istedgade on Vesterbro and Elmegade on Nørrebro. Here you can find some minor but cool fashion stores. And if you're into it there are a few malls as well, Fisketorvet and Fields Shopping Center.

Have a safe trip!

1. Strøget (attraction)
  2. Istedgade (attraction)
  3. Elmegade (attraction)
  4. Fisketorvet (attraction)
  5. Fields Shopping Center (attraction)