James
Wayne, New Jersey

Copenhagen

2 days in Copenhagen -- Hit-list recommendations

My girlfriend and I will be spending a weekend in Copenhagen (Friday & Saturday) in early September. What are some of the places we should check out? Anything that shouldn't be skipped? We would love to get a great sense of the people and the city in the short time we're there.

James

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi' James. I would recommend you rent a bike to get around town. It's very bike friendly, and you can see a lot since Copenhagen isn't that big. Here's a list of things to consider:

Freetown Christiania is a must see. It's a freetown in the really nice area of Chritianshavn.

Take a trip around the canals of Copenhagen with the Canaltours from Nyhavn. Go for the Netto-Boats which is  cheapest (Same route).

In the inner city there's a lot of museums, attractions etc. which you can read all about here: http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0.

But besides from this I would recommend going to some of the areas outside of the innercity e.g. Vesterbro (Go to Istedgade,  the old meatpacking district and Carlsberg) and Nørrebro (Torvehallerne, Elmegade ,Blågårdsgade) which is really cool and special in each way.

Have a good trip and let me know if you have any questions!

1. Freetown Christiania (neighborhood)
  2. Nyhavn (attraction)
  3. Istedgade (attraction)
  4. Torvehallerne (attraction)
  5. Elmegade (attraction)
  6. Blågårdsgade (attraction)
  7. Carlsberg (neighborhood)

You might wanna consider a bike tour around the city.

It's a really cool way to see Copenhagen which is very bike friendly.

Bike Copenhagen with Mike does a really cool tour of Copenhagen which I would recommend.

1. Bike Copenhagen with Mike (attraction)