Columbus

What's the best neighborhood in Columbus for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Columbus and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Columbus is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Sandra

When staying in Columbus for the first time you might want to stay downtown.  There's a trendy Le Méridien Columbus, The Joseph and a new Hilton, among others.  from there you would have access to the The Short NorthArena District and German Village.  Alternatively, there are hotels at Towne Center Boulevard

1. Columbus (city)
  2. Le Méridien Columbus, The Joseph (hotel)
  3. The Short North (attraction)
  4. Arena District (neighborhood)
  5. German Village (neighborhood)
  6. Towne Center Boulevard (attraction)

Emily from Westerville, Ohio

Hi Katie! I'm excited for you to check out Columbus! I'm from there and moved back after school for 5 years. I recommend checking out German Village. I also recommend you staying in an AirBnB. It would be a much better way to experience that part of the city. There are dozens of excellent restaurants, bars, parks and coffee shops that you can walk to around German Village. Another neighborhood you could check out is the Short North. The Short North is great, but its faster paced. German Village is laid back and comfortable. I live there for 4 years and loved every minute. Rent a bike and you can easily access the downtown area in minutes! Best of luck!

Rumiana

Short North, OSU campus area

Angela from Canal Winchester, Ohio

1. Hilton Columbus Downtown (hotel)