Rene

Colorado, Vail, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge

When is the best time for Snowboarding?

Hey i am planning a trip to Colorado next year. What time is the best in terms of good snow and powder? 

Planning to stay 3 weeks.(tought last Februar first 2 March weeks) I am gonna rent a car and stay probably in Silverthorne. I allready got a Epic Skipass so i will ride Vail, Copper, Keystone and Breckenridge the most. But if anyone could recommend another resort i would be thankful. 

Many thanks in regards 
Rene

You are in a great location, and all the resorts you mention are relatively close by.  While not part of the Epic Pass, Aspen is beautiful and really, besides the awesome mountain-a great visit.  Known for some of the more hard-core runs, give Arapahoe Basin Mountain a try.  And north of I-70, so it would give you a different perspective-try Mary Jane Ski Trail and the rest of the runs at Winter Park.

As Heidi mentioned already-Steamboat Springs is worth the effort to get to, and is my favorite mountain town.

Enjoy and welcome to Colorado!

1. Aspen (attraction)
  2. Arapahoe Basin Mountain (attraction)
  3. Mary Jane Ski Trail (attraction)
  4. Winter Park (attraction)
  5. Steamboat Springs (city)

Heidi from Colorado

Steamboat Springs is know for their deep powder. It's also a fun town. 

Crested Butte also gets some deep powder. 

Hard to predict when it will be best, but I'd say January and early February. 

You'll be happy where ever you go. I've written a lot about Breckenridge. You may find a post here that will be helpful.

http://www.heiditown.com/?s=Breckenridge 

And here's one I wrote for Mountain Living Magazine. 

http://www.mountainliving.com/The-Heidi-Guide/5-Reasons-to-Visit-Breckenridge-This-Winter/

1. Steamboat Springs (city)
  2. Crested Butte (city)
  3. Breckenridge (city)