Jerry asked

4 day driving round trip starting in Denver finish in Morrison.

My wife, daughter and I are flying into Denver in late July. We have 5 days to drive and take in as much as we can before returning to Morrison for a concert at Red Rocks. How should we fill the time and where should we go?

Colorado

Heidi from Colorado

This is a loaded question. I'm sure you'll want to head into the mountains. It will be busy in Colorado at that time of year. You can avoid some of the crowds by heading up Hwy 285 instead of I70. 

Not sure what sorts of things you want to do, but Fairplay is a fairly authentic Colorado mountain town. You could drive 285 over Kenosha Pass to Fairplay. Then cross Hoosier into Breckenridge and take I70 back to the Denver area. 

It really depends on whether you are looking for city things, outdoorsy things or scenic things. 

If you've never been to Rocky Mountain National Park , driving Trail Ridge Road should be on your list. That would involve heading northwest from the Denver area and would not be part of the first trip plan I mentioned here. You could do Estes Park and then drive to Grand Lake via Trail Ridge Road and then come back via Winter Park via 40 to I70. 

There are so many options for 4-day trips out of Denver. Stay closer and explore Golden (Colorado) or head to Colorado Springs for the Rocky Mountain Food Tour. 

Check out HeidiTown.com for more info on Colorado festival and road trips! I have written posts on everything I've mentioned above and much more!