Ava

Ava from New York City asked

Least expensive way to travel from Colombia to Brazil?

I plan to leave Colombia to Brazil in January. I want to avoid taking an air flight. Is there a boat or other means to get to Brazil. Is there another surrounding country that is easier to get to Brazil more economically? I really don't have time constraints. My priority is to be safe and to travel as frugally possible. 

Colombia   Brazil

CAMILO from Colombia

Some people go from Leticia(Colombia) in the Amazon river to Manaus through the amazon river. From Manaus you can take a local flight which is cheaper than international.

1. Leticia (city)
  2. Manaus (city)
  3. Manaus (city)
Babak from Brazil

You're not specifying from where in Colombia to where in Brazil you want to go. The cheapest and fastest will be crossing the border at Leticia - Tabatinga, on the Amazon, where the two countries share a border crossing. You can just take a little ferry across.

you also can take a bus (or two) from Ormeno that will take you from Bogota via Quito, Limaand Rio Brancoto Sao Paulo. This trip will take you about five days nonstop and still isn't very cheap.

1. Leticia (city)
  2. Tabatinga (attraction)
  3. Bogota (city)
  4. Quito (city)
  5. Lima (attraction)
  6. Rio Branco (city)
  7. Sao Paulo (city)
Michael

There is a 4 day boat from Leticia/Tabatinga to Manaus - I absolutely loved it :)

1. Leticia (city)
  2. Tabatinga (attraction)
  3. Manaus (city)