Zack

Colombia

Going to Colombia - looking for cities to travel too

Me and my wife are traveling to Colombia for a week over New Years. We are flying in and out of Cartagena but are looking for other cities / regions to go given the time frame. Medellin, Bogota or somewhere else? Thanks!

Felipe from Medellin

Hi, Cartagena is a wonderful place you will love it. Depending on what you prefer while traveling there are several options, like Bogota or Medellín more like a city, on the other hand there are places like the coffee region (near Manizales) where you can stay in a farm a know the coffee process, or if you prefer beach you can go to Santa Marta (2 hours away from Cartagena in car) an visit Parque Tayrona. 

If you decide to go to Medellin or Bogota try to go to the small towns nearby, in Medellin: El PeñolJardínParque Principal De Santa Fe,Santafé de. In Bogota: Villa de Leyva

Hope you enjoy Colombia.

Regards

Felipe

1. El Peñol (attraction)
  2. Jardín (attraction)
  3. Parque Principal De Santa Fe,Santafé de (attraction)
  4. Villa de Leyva (attraction)

Aventure from Bogota

Hello! 

Medellin is a good option for New years Eve. But if you want to stay on the caribbean coast, you can visit other nice spots arround Santa Marta (Tayrona National Natural ParkPalomino Island - El Conquistador Hotel BeachTaganga...) 

1. Medellin (city)
  2. Santa Marta (city)
  3. Tayrona National Natural Park (attraction)
  4. Palomino Island - El Conquistador Hotel Beach (hotel)
  5. Taganga (attraction)

Vlad

According To Me….

CartagenaIt is a beautiful Spanish Colonial walled city with high-end restaurants and plenty of sights, make sure you have enough days to explore Cartagena. It was the starting point for my trip to Colombia, and not only did it turned out to be a great and easy introduction to the country,

it was one of my favourite spots overall. In fact, I liked it so much, that when I got a chance to pop in for a second stay, I jumped at the opportunity. Some of the best site here are : Playa BlancaSanta MartaTaganga National Park and rock at Cabo San Juan de Guia

1. Cartagena (city)
  2. Colombia (attraction)
  3. Playa Blanca (hotel)
  4. Santa Marta (city)
  5. Taganga (attraction)
  6. Cabo San Juan de Guia (attraction)