Emily

Colombia

Ciudad Perdida Hike

Hi there! 

I am currently in Medellin, Colombia for the month of March, and really want to hike Ciudad Perdida. The problem is that most of the guided tours are about $400 USD. Which is quite out of my price range. I wanted to see if anyone who is also traveling Colombia during this time would be Interested in doing to the hike for free as a group?

The hike is apparently super straight forward, I just would feel more safe not doing it completely alone. Let me know if any other travellers on a budget are interested! 

-Emily

Daniel from Manizales

Hi Emily,

The price is $770.000 COP and you have to do the hike with one of 4 companies allowed to do the hike. You can't do it on your own. You can always go to the Sierra Nevada - Hamburguesas y Malteadas and go to Minca or Paso Del Mango and get a feel for the area. 

1. Sierra Nevada - Hamburguesas y Malteadas (restaurant)
  2. Minca (city)
  3. Paso Del Mango (city)

Daniela from Medellín, Colombia

Hi Emily,  either if you do the tour by yourself or with others, per person you have to pay around 700.000 COP and it is a 3 to 5 days hike. Ciudad Perdida is on my to do list however I cannot do it on march :( best luck! 

1. Ciudad Perdida (city)

Mobile