Sal

China

Which cities would you suggest I should visit?

China is really huge and I would like to optimize my visit in the county by visiting just places that are really worth to visit based on your knowledge of the country.

Alejandro from Singapore

Everyone will point to Beijing and Shanghai but you have to got to Xi'an. Seeing the Terracotta army and the remnants of the ancient cities of the Qin Dynasty (first cities with 1 million habitants) was very impressive. I did a one day trip there flying out from Beijing and back. It was a bit crazy but was worth it.

1. Beijing (city)
  2. Shanghai (city)
  3. Xi'an (city)

Nisrine from Paris

I would definitely say Beijing ! Beijing is a beautiful city, full of cultural monuments and activities, but most importantly, the great wall is only a few hours away from the city. The Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, the Hutong or the Lama Temple are a few examples of what the city has to offer. If you want to see the Great Wall Of China and I think it's a must-do if you go to China, go to Badaling or to Simitai if you're looking for a more quiet and adventurous experience (you have to walk/climb a bit to get there). As for the restaurants and nightlife, Beijing has nothing to envy to Shanghai. I don't know if these places still exist, but you should go to the red capital club for a memorable dinner (this place used to be one of the bunkers of Mao), to Sanlitun Rd for cool and cheap bars, to the CJW Jazz Lounge for a great jazz experience, and to the World of Suzie Wong Club or the China Doll for clubbing (these two spots were supercool back in 2008!).

1. Beijing (city)
  2. Summer Palace (attraction)
  3. Forbidden City (attraction)
  4. Hutong (attraction)
  5. Lama Temple (attraction)
  6. Great Wall Of China (city)
  7. Badaling (attraction)
  8. Simitai (attraction)
  9. Sanlitun Rd (attraction)
  10. CJW Jazz Lounge (attraction)
  11. World of Suzie Wong Club (restaurant)
  12. China Doll (attraction)

Natalie from Shenzhen

Guess most people always go to Beijing and Shanghai. but it would also be nice to try out other cities where tourists don't normally go like Guangzhou and cities in the south. they are quite different to Beijing to be honest and its pretty near to Hong Kong so it is actually quite convenient.

1. Beijing (city)
  2. Shanghai (city)
  3. Guangzhou (city)
  4. Hong Kong (city)

Andy from China

For China, Beijing is a great capital more than 500 years old and have a lot of culture heritage, included the most famous Old Palace, Great Wall,the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Winter Palace, Heaven Temple; Except Beijing, Shanghai nowadays is the most famous city from China for the wonderful city, modern skyscrapers,dreamful water town and , beautiful evening, pretty lane and so on. Also Guilin have the most beautiful landscape, Yellow Mt have the most beautiful Mt scenery.  If you need more information about China also can check my site www.orientjourney.com   

1. Beijing (city)
  2. Guilin (city)