Rob

Rob asked

We are moving to Scottsdale, AZ from Chicago, IL

We are driving to Scottsdale AZ from Chicago IL and would like to do it in 2.5 - 3 days, with 2 overnight stops. Can you help with a driving itinerary and best places to stay overnight? We would be leaving Chicago on August 11th. We also have a small 21lb dog.

Thank you,
Rob Polk

Chicago Scottsdale

Donna
Yes you should be able to make it in 2 1/2 to 3 days, best route would be Interstate 80 W to Denver, Denver south on Interstate 25 to Albuquerque, Go West on Interstate 40, takes you into Flagstaff, turn south on 17 to Phoenix. Not sure where you are going Scottsdale, but you should be able to figure it out.

Sara from Phoenix
Hi Rob,
First, good luck on your trip and welcome to sunny Arizona. I moved away from Chicago in 2004 and am now living in Old Town Scottsdale. I love it here. Beautiful and sunny year round! Unfortunately I did not drive here so I cannot help with a driving itinerary or areas to stop at. 
Get ready.... It is scorching in August!

Cynthia
hi Rob, I can tell you where to stay driving from Texas on I-10, but don't know anything about the route from Chicago. Have fun. There is an app that tells you where hotels are that accept dogs. Cynthia