Anne asked

Chicago to Bay area in a 30-foot RV with two doggos

Hi! I'd like to take my maiden voyage in my newish RV to see my daughter and family in Oakland California. I'm the only driver. I'm towing a small car. On the way I'd like to stop for an afternoon or day or two a couple/three times visiting anything interesting. I don't have a deadline, but would probably make this trip in July or August. I'd look for campgrounds w/electric hookup to overnight in, okay with staying in a rest area or truck stop in a pinch. Is a 10-day trip doable? Roads you'd recommend?

Chicago Oakland

I would go I-80W to Salt Lake City. Then to Snowbird Ski Resort. Then to Bryce Canyon. To Las Vegas. Stay at Sam's Town Casino and RV in Henderson. Then to Boulder City. Then to Santa Monica, CA. Then to Malibu Paradise Cove. Then to the Bay.