Kymberly asked

Roadtrip with a Family of 5

Hello travelers,
I’m helping my sister plan a awesome Roadtrip with her family of five. They’re going to drive their own car to save money. This will be their first time taking a roadtrip/ vacation this far and this long.
She had two special needs adults which is why I’m helping plan.
My Sister & Brother in law Late 40’s
Their 2 High functioning special needs adult children, & their 14 year old Son.
They are driving their own car to save money. They have 2 weeks to stop and enjoy Free national parks, tourist attractions, roadside Dives and great restaurants, beaches, open to most anything safe & fun
She wants to stop in Chattanooga, or any other Must not miss places on the way from Chicago to Florida.
Final destination Miami Florida, then Maybe Orlando?
What the best and cheapest way to have the most fun with so many family people on a budget.
Hotel, Camp sites, Bike rentals, amusement parks, places to eat Etc.
Open to all and any freebies.
I’m helping her plan as with two Special Needs
Thanks

Chicago (Illinois) Miami Beach (Florida)   Orlando (Florida)

I would stay at Harrahs Metropolis Hotel the 1st night. The food is great. I would stay at Gold Strike Casino Hotel in Tunica the next night. Look up free things to do in Memphis. I would stay at Beau Rivage in Biloxi the 3rd night. That is 90 minutes from the French Quarter. I navigate to Cafe Du Monde at Jackson Square. Then eat across the street. I take a carriage ride around the French Quarter. I would drive to Jacksonville, Florida the next day. Hotelcoupons.com is a great place to book Florida rooms. I would stay at The Conch in Daytona Beach the next night. I would stay in Vero Beach or Port St. Lucie the next night and visit the Ocean. From there, the drive to Miami Beach is manageable. I drive this way. All the rest areas are nice.