Andrienette
Hermanus

Andrienette from Hermanus asked

Which airports are most convenient to arrive in International flights

I want to fly to Chicago from Cape Town. Which airport is most convenient to travel from into Chicago city? Trains?

Chicago (Illinois)

John from Chicago

For international flights, it's probably going to be O'Hare International Airport.

From there, you can take the Blue Line into the city.

Andrienette
Thank you. I have a choice of which airport when I book my flight. So that's why I asked. My travel agent said O'Hare takes very long to get through - is that true?

John
Yes O’hare will definitely be a lot more crowded and busy than Midway. If you have a choice of equivalent flights from either airport going to Nashville, I would probably pick Midway. You can take the Orange Line train there from the city, just make sure it’s during the day since that line stops running late night.

Will from Chicago

O'Hare International Airportis the only way you'll be arriving internationally.  You can then follow the signs to the city and subway trains.  Take the blue line into the city.  Once you get to Clark and Lake, you are in downtown.  Also from that stop you'll be able to access all other subway lines.

If you fly into O'Hare International Airport, then take the Amtrak train into Union Station. There are cabs on Canal St. I suggest you stay in Old Town. The streets l walk on Clark, Wells, La Salle, State, Belmont. Anywhere near Wrigley Field is easy walking. There is the El train, plus the Red line. There are buses to the Museum of Science & Industry, the Adler Planetarium, and the Chicago History Museum. I think the History Museum is free on Tuesday. These 3 are near each other, as well as the Shedd Aquarium. Outside of the Shedd Aquarium, there are boat tours for approximately $20. Take the boat, it gives a great history of the city, and Lake Michigan.

1. O'Hare International Airport (airport)
  2. Union Station (attraction)
  3. Old Town (attraction)
  4. Wrigley Field (attraction)
  5. Museum of Science & Industry (attraction)
  6. Adler Planetarium (attraction)
  7. Chicago History Museum (attraction)
  8. Shedd Aquarium (attraction)
Mary

ohare

Jim from Minneapolis