Kristy
Wabash

Where are the best vintage shops?

I'm looking for vintage shops and other funky little shops with interesting eateries in the same location. Thank you!

Definitely check out  Le Thrift in the  Wicker Park area. It's a favorite of mine and you can find some good deals there although keep in mind it's a consignment shop, not a true vintage store so prices are a little higher but so is the quality of the merchandise. There are definitely other great vintage stores in that area as well as a lot of cute little places to eat so be sure to check it out.  (If you're in the mood for slightly more upscale shopping, my two favorite stores on the planet are there as well-- Penelope's and  Trillium.

If you end up in the  Magnificent Mile area, be sure to check out a store called  P.O.S.H.. They have some incredible vintage housewares--it's one of my all-time most favorite stores. 

1. Wicker Park (neighborhood)
  2. Le Thrift (attraction)
  3. Penelope's (attraction)
  4. Trillium (attraction)
  5. P.O.S.H. (attraction)
  6. Magnificent Mile (neighborhood)

Jillian from Los Angeles

I agree that  Wicker Park is your best bet for vintage shops and unique eateries!

On the shopping front, make sure to stop at  Store B Vintage, where you'll find vintage clothing from the 40's, jewelry, and other beautiful accessories.

If you're in the mood for some 80's & 90's vintage, definitely check out  Kokorokoko. Sometimes I go in there for just a good laugh (hello, black and white polka dot pumps!).

For food spots nearby, try  Antique Taco for some tasty tacos and fresh guac that won't break the bank. The pork carnitas tacos are my favorite, and if you're in the mood for an adult beverage, try the Agua Fresca.

Another deliciously fresh spot is  Birchwood Kitchen. It's organic, local, and affordable. You can't go wrong with any of their hot or cold sandwiches.

Have fun and enjoy!

1. Wicker Park (neighborhood)
  2. Antique Taco (attraction)
  3. Birchwood Kitchen (restaurant)
  4. Store B Vintage (attraction)
  5. Kokorokoko (attraction)