Juliana asked

What's the best route for a 4 day road trip

My husband and I are driving up to Chicago with our 3yo and 11mo around Christmas, what's the best route and places to see there and back?

Houston Chicago

The total trip will be about 18 hours which means 4-5 hours driving a day on average.  I split it up into 3 days.   If you go from Houston to Hot Springs National Park for your first night (6+hours) there is an aquarium there at the National Park which the kids might enjoy even in the winter.  Not sure if the Duck tour will be running or whether the water park will be open.  The next stop would probably be in the area of Cape Girardeau (5 hours).  There is a Bounce House there, a Discovery Playhouse, and Walkthrough zoo (called a Safari Park) but that is only open on weekends in the winter.  The last stop would be Chicago which would be another 6 hours.

1. Houston (city)
  2. Hot Springs National Park (attraction)
  3. Cape Girardeau (city)
  4. Chicago (city)