Andrienette
Hermanus

Andrienette from Hermanus asked

Safe convenient areas Airbnb in city?

I am travelling alone and like to stay in Airbnb accommodation. Which areas of Chicago is most convenient to stay in to see the general tourist attractions and to shop? I like walking more than buses. 

Chicago (Illinois)

John from Chicago

Trippy has a page on where to stay in Chicago. For tourist attractions and easy walking, I recommend Gold Coast if you can find something in your budget. You can walk around 900 N Michigan Ave shops and there are tons of restaurants.

Don't stay in the Loop, that's all business buildings. You can also look for something in River East near Navy Pier. The other popular area would be River North which is a bit farther walking from tourist attractions but a nice neighborhood.

Andrienette
Thank you this is very valuable info and practical. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

1. Gold Coast (neighborhood)
  2. 900 N Michigan Ave (attraction)
  3. Loop (attraction)
  4. Navy Pier (attraction)
  5. River North (neighborhood)

The Hyatt Regency