Fer
Mexico

Museums of art to visit in Chicago?

How much does an entrance to an art museum in Chicago costs? Where can I find a great art museum to visit in Chicago?

The most famous art museum is The Art Institute of Chicago.  It's currently $23 for adults.  I could spend an entire day there!

Another good one is the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago.  It's $12 suggested donation for adults, and if you happen to be there on a first Friday, they have a 21+ event with music, interactive art, and a cash bar.

And this isn't an art museum per se and it could just be the nerd in me, but I really love the Museum of Science and Industry.  To me, it's like art meets science there.  $27 for adults.

By the way, a lot of these places offer several free entrance days a year, so you should look them up and see if they coincide with your trip.  If you plan on going to several of these places, you should also look into the Chicago CityPass package, which would save you some money versus buying each ticket a la carte.

1. The Art Institute of Chicago (attraction)
  2. Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (attraction)
  3. Museum of Science and Industry (attraction)

Luciana from Austin (Texas)

The The Art Institute of Chicago is "the" place to visit, amazing collection. http://www.artic.edu

Shelby from Plymouth (Indiana)

I recommend going to The Art Institute of Chicago. It has beautiful artwork. The admissions: 

Adults:

• Chicago residents: $18.00 ($5.00 discount from base $23.00 fee)
  • Illinois residents: $20.00 ($3.00 discount from base $23.00 fee)
  • Out-of-state visitors: $23.00

Students and seniors:

• Chicago residents: $12.00 ($6.00 discount from base $18.00 fee)
  • Illinois residents: $14.00 ($6.00 discount from base $20.00 fee)
  • Out-of-state visitors: $17.00 ($6.00 discount from base $23.00 fee)

Children under 14: Free