Rebecca
Mobile

Is The Signature Room at 95th worth it?

I finally booked our room, in Chicago, when returning from Japan. Our hotel sits just two blocks off Navy Pier. I have been looking into restaurants, as to where to dine for dinner. Given that my husband and I only have one night, is The Signature Room the place to go?

Tim from Chicago

I've eaten there several times and actually was surprised at the food quality. My biggest gripe is the restaurant faces EAST looking mostly over the lake. so if you are dinner, and its a bit late, you see mostly nothing.

the group here has it right. go to the lounge and have a drink. its really worth it. the rest room has an unbelievable view too! check it out. and there is no charge to visit the lounge.

Key point... dont go unless its a clear day/nite. you won't see much if its cloudy or rainy.

Tanya from Ottawa

Not sure about dinner, but going up for a cocktail is definitely worth it. If you do that, you bypass the fee that's usually charged just to go to the top for sightseeing. We went on a Sunday evening after 9 p.m. and it wasn't that busy. Even got a table by the window

Dabs from Chicago

There are so many great restaurants in Chicago, the Signature Room is never listed among the them.  Go to the Signature Lounge and have a drink and take in the view but find a meal elsewhere.

Rich from Chicago

Short answer, No.  Overpriced, dated decor and mediocre food.  Go up for a visit and have a cocktail or beer in the lounge area to catch the view (which is awesome), then go to a better restaurant in Chicago. 

Grant from Chicago

I would personally skip. Maybe go for a glass of champagne or something like that. My experience there was overpriced and a bit crowded. I would consider going to Allium for a cocktail. Classier and less crowded.

1. Allium (restaurant)