Kristen
Philadelphia

Hotels in central Chicago under $150/night?

Looking for a hotel in central Chicago within walking distance of restaurants, museums, outdoor attractions, and bars for a weekend vacation! Though we know staying in the center of everything will be more expensive, we don't want to go too high, so we are trying to stay around $150 a night. Any suggestions??

Jillian from Los Angeles

Depending on overall availability and how far in advance you're booking, the two central boutique hotels that you can find around that price point are Hotel Felix Chicago and Hotel Palomar Chicago. They will be the trendiest hotels you find for the price. I would recommend calling them as well as booking online to compare prices. Maybe you can get a deal. :)

If you really want to stay at $150/under, I'd check out Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile for a great location close to some of the best restaurants in the city!

Nina from Sharon, Massachusetts

Under $150 can be tough for Chicago, especially on a weekend but try these: Hotel CassEmbassy SuitesPUBLIC Chicago (sometimes has specials), Acme Hotel Company Chicago - great location and probably a decent price point but the guest rooms kind of suck. However, The Berkshire Room on the first floor is a good spot for a drink. 

1. Hotel Cass (hotel)
  2. Embassy Suites (hotel)
  3. PUBLIC Chicago (hotel)
  4. Acme Hotel Company Chicago (hotel)
  5. The Berkshire Room (attraction)

Tanya from Ottawa

I'm going on Labour day weekend but booked my trip in April. I got a good deal Kinzie Hotel which includes continental breakfast every day and a manager's happy hour with a drink and hors d'oeuvres for between 150 and $175/night (can't remember since it was combined with airfare on expedia). Great location.

1. Kinzie Hotel (hotel)

Stephen from Douglasville, Georgia

When you're staying can have a BIG impact on price.  In general, I would check out The Palmer House Hilton Hotel, The Drake Hotel, and Conrad Chicago in your price range, especially if you have Hilton HHonors status.  The Palmer house will be a bit more old-world luxury but still fairly trendy, The Drake will be more hip/trendy, and The Conrad will be right in the middle of the two.  

1. The Palmer House Hilton Hotel (hotel)
  2. The Drake Hotel (hotel)
  3. Conrad Chicago (hotel)

Dabs from Chicago

I think your other post says you'll be in Chicago over Labor Day, it doesn't appear to be a big convention weekend so that is good.  Booking.com has a few properties under $150 but I'd look at some of the discounters, friends who come in swear by blind bidding on Priceline or Hotwire but the big caveat there is that once booked, you can't change.  You can also keep your eye on Travelzoo which is a deal compilation site.  Try to stay in River North, Magnificent Mile or Loop, the Loop probably being the least appealing for younger people wanting to drink and eat til the late hours of the night/morning.

1. River North (neighborhood)
  2. Magnificent Mile (neighborhood)
  3. Loop (neighborhood)

Lindsey from Texas

Don't forget AirBnb! If you don't mind staying at a stranger's house, you can easily find some pretty nice places (in some cool areas) that fit well inside your price range :).

Just be sure to stay with someone who's a Verified member and has a lot of reviews!

Lauren from Lansing, Illinois

I would look on Groupon or Living Social. They always have hotel deals in the heart of the city for a pretty decent price.