Valerie

Chennai

What is your favorite restaurant in Chennai?

Heading to Chennai and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Thanashyam from Chennai

If you want to experience local food, these are the places you gotta visit:

Thalapakattu Biryani There are many branches all over the city.
Seafood: The Marina - Not the beach, there is a fine-dine restaurant by this name in College Road, Nungambakkam.

Awesome Tea and other cuisines: Lloyds Tea House in Gopalapuram

Local Veg Food: Saravana Bhavan - branches all over the city.

North Indian Veg Food (If you have not been to North India before): Pind Pure Punjabi-Desi Restaurant in Velachery.

1. Thalapakattu Biryani (restaurant)
  2. The Marina (restaurant)
  3. Lloyds Tea House (restaurant)
  4. Saravana Bhavan (restaurant)
  5. Pind Pure Punjabi-Desi Restaurant (restaurant)

marissa from Chennai

Pan Asian in the ITC Grand Chola is the best restaurants in chennai. This is my favorite restaurant. All food items available here, taste is so good.

1. ITC Grand Chola (hotel)

Raj from Chennai

I know only vegetarian foods. Hotel Krishna Vilasam opp to Shsatry Bhavan Nungambakkam is one of the finest restaurants in Chennai. Special Masala Dosa, Ginget Shot, Chintamani Halwa is very nice & tasty. Even a filter coffer, Vazhappoo Vada is amazingly tasty.

1. Nungambakkam (attraction)

Arti from Mumbai

My favorite is Saravana Bhavan - hands down. Whenever I am in Chennai, I make it a point to eat at the branch at the Chennai railway station. The food is really good, the place hygienic and you can try some of the authentic local dishes like Idiyappam, Pongal which taste great - do not forget to top it up with filter coffee - it's a must!

Recently, I had written a blog on my dining experience too, you may read it here >> http://www.myyatradiary.com/2015/04/idiyappam-pongal-and-coffee-authentic.html

1. Saravana Bhavan (restaurant)

Pawan from Delhi

Annalakshmi Restaurant Pvt. Ltd., which serves authentic south and north Indian food but only vegetarian. Good thing about this restaurant is that a part of its income goes for sustaining the artistic and charitable activities of the Temple of Arts.

Copper Chimney- Serves north Indian delicacies (both veg and Non veg). Try Mughlai Cuisine here.

Saravana Bhawan My Favorite for traditional south Indian food and served in traditional style too, which adds to the dinning experience. 

1. Annalakshmi Restaurant Pvt. Ltd. (restaurant)
  2. Copper Chimney (restaurant)
  3. Saravana Bhawan (hotel)