jessica
Malaysia

Chennai, India

I'm looking for a hotel with the best buffet during my Chennai tour

Can anyone suggest me the best unlimited non veg buffet hotel in chennai area? I have a plan to go to chennai for next month.

Ashley from Canada

Hi jessica,

From my personal experience I found "Hotel Savera" to be the best in all aspects from the kind of rooms, food and the cost. Also I have visited ITC Grand Chola, which provides luxury rooms and is good at Indian foods with buffet.

Some say, Green Park Hotel is best for unlimited non-veg buffet dinner with less then 800 INR.

1. Hotel Savera (hotel)
  2. ITC Grand Chola (hotel)
  3. Green Park Hotel (hotel)

Rasheed from Chennai

There are lot of Non veg hotels are there in Chennai, based on your budget only you can able to choose hotels. Non veg buffet starts from 400.

Here few list of hotels who has in my experience

Mylapore - Karaikudi Chettinad Restaurant Dhabba Express

Buhari Hotel in velacherry

Green Park Hotel in Guindy and few more..

1. Karaikudi Chettinad Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Dhabba Express (restaurant)
  3. Buhari Hotel (hotel)
  4. Green Park Hotel (hotel)

Srinath from Coimbatore

Barbeque Nation would be the best option for you. They have unlimited kebabs, both veg and non-veg there. They have a small BBQ grill in all the tables. Along with that, they also have other foods and desserts. It also has a bar attached, which is quite rare in Tamilnadu. It costs you about $15 to $18 (excluding alcohol) depending upon the time of the day you visit.  

Other places that I've heard of but haven't been to myself are Benjarongl'AmandierMainland China Restaurant

If you want the local south Indian cuisine, you can visit Annalakshmi although it's vegetarian. For non-veg options, you can try Dakshin, Park Sheraton

1. Barbeque Nation (restaurant)
  2. l'Amandier (restaurant)
  3. Mainland China Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Annalakshmi (restaurant)
  5. Dakshin, Park Sheraton (restaurant)
  6. Benjarong (attraction)

Sathish from Chennai

I'd recommend The Leela Palace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leela_Palace_Chennai

or 

ITC Grand Chola

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITC_Grand_Chola_Hotel

This is where most of my colleagues from other countries stay and they've all shared great experiences. Ipad controlled curtains, lights, television... luxury I heard even hotels in the US lag behind!

Food is always good at both these places as they're predominantly HOTELS catering to the needs of travelers from around the globe!!

Hope this helps.

1. The Leela Palace (hotel)
  2. ITC Grand Chola (hotel)

Sanjay from Chennai

What type of cuisine? What's your budget?

If it's north indian food - go to Sigree, if its Chinese - go to Mainland China.

Both are in the sample complex and it's a reasonable $10 per person.

1. Sigree (restaurant)
  2. Mainland China (restaurant)

Praveen from Chennai

If you are looking for veg restaurant means you can go for Veg Valley. For non veg buffet you can go for Grill Box and Dhaba Express

1. Veg Valley (attraction)
  2. Grill Box (restaurant)
  3. Dhaba Express (restaurant)

Filip from Curitiba

The best "westernised" buffet is probably at the Taj Coromandel, 5 star hotel on Nungambakkam. The Hilton didn't exist yet when I was there though.

1. Taj Coromandel (hotel)

Gaurav from Mumbai

Just the link for more info: http://in.openrice.com/chennai/directory/buffet.htm 

You can also search on google by typing 'best non veg buffet restaurants'. If you planning to shell out more than 5star restaurants are the best option.