Julie
Saint Paul (Minnesota)

Charlotte

Farm to Table Dining in Charlotte

I will be in Charlotte July 7th-9th and I am looking for recommendations on Farm to Table/Locally Sourced type of restaurants that in the $-$$ category.  I have found a few but they tend to be quite pricey.  We will be heading to Asheville, where it seems everything is locally sourced, and hope to spend the majority of our dining budget there. I won't eat meat that is factory farmed and I have a few dietary restrictions.  Thank you for any and all recommendations.

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania

Right before I left there in 2012 a place called Fern Flavors From the Garden opened up on Central in the Plaza Midwood area. Moderately priced. Also in the same hood is the Peculiar RabbitSoul Gastrolounge, and Zada Jane's Corner Cafe. Not entirely sure they are all farm-to-table, but they offer innovative menus with vegan / vegetarian options. Savor in Wesley Heights is another excellent home-grown spot with fresh house-made fare. I think they strive to source most of their ingredients locally.

Then again, you could try here – maybe you'll run into a presidential candidate or two.

1. Fern Flavors From the Garden (restaurant)
  2. Plaza Midwood (attraction)
  3. Peculiar Rabbit (restaurant)
  4. Soul Gastrolounge (restaurant)
  5. Zada Jane's Corner Cafe (restaurant)

K from Charlotte

Julie, there is a Groupon available for Heirloom Restaurant  in Charlotte. Sorry I can't provide a review. Enjoy the Queen City!

1. Heirloom Restaurant (restaurant)