Rod
Sebastopol

Charleston

Dinner with family in Charleston tonight...

Flying in from SF tonight with my family of 5. Looking for healthy, great atmosphere, great experience -- preferably with great bar (did I mention I'm just coming in from SF w/ 3 kids? :)). Happy to pay whatever.

Eric from Bluffton (South Carolina)

Hank's Seafood is a great Seafood place; also you could try Slightly North of Broad (SNOB), also Hominy Grill.  Enjoy!

1. Hank's Seafood (restaurant)
  2. Slightly North of Broad (restaurant)
  3. Hominy Grill (restaurant)

JR from Manhattan Beach

I recently flew into Charleston and went directly to Husk (with my luggage) because I'd heard so many great things about this place. I was too late to make it into the restaurant (last seating at 10pm) but I did pull up at their bar next door. The burger, wings and manhattans were all off the hook. Surpassed the hype!It's not big and not that kid friendly but it checks all your other boxes. 

1. Husk (restaurant)

June from Charleston

Are the children adventure eaters? How late? If they are accustomed to late eating and finer dining, would suggest Slightly North of Broad (SNOB) on King Street; if you want a high end choice and good bar and kids want the best burger ever, try Stars. If more simple but upscale, I would do EVO Pizzeria in North Charleston.

1. Slightly North of Broad (restaurant)
  2. Stars (restaurant)
  3. EVO Pizzeria (restaurant)

Susan from Manhattan Beach

Here's a suggestion for Saturday morning:

1. Hominy Grill - order the shrimp and grits and the Charleston nasty biscuit (fried chicken, sausage gravy, and cheese on a biscuit -- oh my!).

Also, check out my question on Charleston (I was there in April with my 2 children as well). http://www.trippy.com/question/Charleston-One-week-Parent-friendly-trip-to-Charleston-stay-do-see-eat

1. Hominy Grill (restaurant)

Clay

I'm not sure how the bar is but the food was great Cru Cafe (on Motley. See what they did there? Cru on Motley). The food was the best we had in Charleston and not very expensive. 

Also good, and probably has a broader bar selection was Fleet Landing which is a bit more touristy but we really liked it. We got to see dolphins 150' from our table. The food was good. Didn't have anything to drink.

1. Cru Cafe (restaurant)
  2. Fleet Landing (restaurant)

Caroline from Atlanta

Kids will like the fun atmosphere at Fleet Landing and the bar is pretty good.

1. Fleet Landing (restaurant)